Monday, 25 June 2012

Deja vu


Remember bangles and how much fun we had making those. Well I've applied Fancifuldevices wonderful technique to earrings. I've got loads of odd, tiny beads at the bottom of my bead boxes, so I set about playing. Fancy's tutorial is still available in her shop





In pink too


Tribal style, with mother of pearl, ostrich egg (yes really), jade and daggers.


Butterflies and chains


The last set I etched some copper and did some wrapping


Since it was such a hot day for once I sat outside with my steel block and hammered out my ear wires with my legs crossed, very authentic and low tech!
I also made this with some awesome crystal that as finally seen the light of day after being hidden away in a draw. See what happens when you rummage away in your drawers....(adopt Kenneth Williams voice and say loudly Matron!)




Lastly a re-worked necklace, this one just wasn't working, so I went back changed the beads and calmed it down!




I'll shut up now, but I'm delighted to have been selected for bead soup and I'll fill you in on all the details over the next month.

7 comments:

  1. Packed full of awesome!!!! Love, love, love. I'mna steal some pix for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to use this idea for earrings~!!!!! I love 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bangle earrings and loving the pair with the mismatched crystals. Congrats on Bead Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, what great things to pull out of your drawers!! Those earrings are great!!
    Hot day??? When?? You lucky cat - all we've got down here is a deluge!! Glad you made the most of it - that's a nice mental image.
    Congrats on bead soup (although being a complete ignoramus, I don't even know what that is! Hopeless!)
    xox :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for your visit and comment....your new work is wonderful and lookit
    how Fanci featured you!!! you do us proud grass hopper!
    Sorry to hear of your loss of Misty....blessings,
    cynthia

    ReplyDelete