Tuesday, 12 June 2012

A Sad Bye Bye

It was a sad goodbye to my cat Misty. She was 18 years old and the last 2 weeks she had been getting very slow in getting around and just not herself. I took her to the vet and she found a large growth in her stomach, so she had to be put to sleep. That trip back with an empty cat box is a killer.



I still have Smokey who is 13 years old , so I won't get another cat for now, since I feel Smokey is a bit old for dealing with a new cat.
Here's Smokey doing her best fierce pose!
I haven't had anytime for making much stuff, since I'm de- junking the house to make room for my eldest daughter and her fiance to move in whilst they look for their own place. She's just finished her degree and should get her results in July, so fingers crossed.


4 comments:

  1. My sympathies for your loss. Always so hard to say goodbye. I'm sure you gave her a wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very difficult to be left behind, when they cross the rainbow bridge before us. Misty had a long life and I am sure it was a good one. She will wait for you on the other side...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for your loss...what a long life misty had! i know you will miss her. my oldest daughter just moved back in with us, too... take some time for yourself if you can!

    shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no - poor Misty - poor YOU xxx I'm dreading the day.
    But a good innings, and undoubtedly, she had a most delightful life with you.
    I hope that having your daughter back at home will turn out to be a joyful and enriching time for you both.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete