Friday, 10 August 2012

The 6th Bead Soup Blog Party Reveal

It's here at last the big reveal day and as I trust you know ( cos I have been brazenly and shamelessly boasting,) that I was paired with the amazing Lori Anderson, whose great idea this is. So no pressure then!!!
So just to refresh your memories Lori sent a selection of deep pink pearls,garnets,handmade lampwork, indigo glass pearls, palest pink Czech glass, Swarovski Crystal and a stunning brass focal, clock clasp,  hook, brass spacers, tree charms, bead caps and purple wire.




I sent an alsortment of tribal style beads, handmade steampunk fan, etched copper hearts and sari silk. All of which I carefully documented (NOT!), thankfully the ever organized Lori did, phew!

So up first is this necklace featuring the pearls, crystals, brass focal, Czech glass and hook clasp.
Now I will confess to struggling with this, because I couldn't seem to get my stamp on it.
So I looked through my stash and found some neon orange seed beads and neon pink chain, plus a quick look at some fabulous Indian images on Pinterest and I was ready.


I also did a faux enamel effect on the brass focal using nail polish and sealant and I added a peacock ore bead in the centre.
Next I did a very simple necklace with the gorgeous faceted garnet, brass spacers, neon chain , Indian vintage glass beads and a handmade copper clasp with one of the crystal beads.


Then I made another necklace but this time one that could also be wrapped 3 times around the wrist to create a bracelet. I used 2 of the lampwork beads, the glass pearls, purple wire, the clock clasp, brass charms ,and from my stash, ribbon and a glass dragonfly button.




I had to do some earring of course and I made ear wires using the purple wire


That left me still with oodles of pearls, crystals and a lampwork bead, so I made a cocktail ring


So a heartfelt thank you to Lori, who is generous, talented and a joy to work with and check out her  beautiful creations, http://www.prettythingsblog.com/
Plus here are more talented creators with a mind boggling array of stunning jewellery for your viewing pleasure.

Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 
Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners
Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 
 Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul 
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead
Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio
Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads
Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
 Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae
Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders
Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place
 Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
 Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle
Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads
Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 
Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art

79 comments:

  1. Okay, may I just begin by saying I WANT that necklace/bracelet wrap!! Oh goodness gracious, that thing is so colorful and chaotic and AMAZING! :)

    I'm quite the fan of the first necklace too; how creative you were to use nail polish to transform the bronze/brass pendant!! I'm going to have to remember that trick.

    All in all, beautiful job on ALL your pieces ^.^

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with Lori's beads - so much eye candy! I have total respect for your use of colour - that first necklace is amazing. What a great idea to use nail polish for a faux enamel effect. You won't mind if I try that technique would you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the necklace/bracelet idea! Your color choices are amazing! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! What happened here! When I first saw what Lori sent you, I didn't think it would turn out so different. Beautiful use of colors and I love colors! It has a unique antique, colorful feel to it. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pieces! Colorful, vibrant and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the versatility of the necklace with the clock toggle! So colourful and lovely pieces all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I love your ingredients! All of your pieces are amazing. I am loving that floral focal and your wrap bracelet! Great us of fiber. Great Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really, beautiful use of your soup. I love how you enameled that brass piece. That color is gorgeous and you used the rest of your soup to highlight it beautifully. Love what you did with the fiber too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nail polish and sealant eh?! You clever girl! I can also see the Indian inspiration with the wonderful orange and pink..love the cord you made as well. All such fun pieces, great job.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the paint on the brass! Such a wonderful way to add color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bright, fun, funky colors translated well into your designs. Love what you did with the big brass flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are truly talented.What an amazing idea using nail polish :)
    I love every piece

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must say that everything is really AMAZING! I like the second necklace for the colour, but the first one is more optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic, full of colours necklace and bracelet! I admire:)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bright mix of colors and especially love the cocktail ring. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a clever idea, using nail polish instead of enamel! That stuff has a million uses. :)

    Beautiful pieces! The cocktail ring is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun and fortunate to have been paired with Lori herself!! Your creations from the soup she send are definitely inspired. I really like that necklace/bracelet and the fun ring. Super work!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG you totally blew me away! I love how you painted the flower (will have to try that!) and the Indian influence. I LOVE all these colors together (and am intrigued on where to find pink chain!). You made so many beautiful pieces -- I'm really honored you were my partner! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow !!!
    You made some great pieces!
    The first necklace with the "enameled pendant is an inspiration! Absolutely Gorgeous!
    LOVE the colors !
    Delicious soup!
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful pieces!
    I love that the one can be wrapped as a
    bracelet!
    Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These colors are so delicious I could just eat them up!! Great use of this soup, I love the earrings and the wrap bracelet especially!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You handled the pressure well. I love how daring you are with colors. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the one that can be wrapped as a bracelet, that's my favorite, but I love them all. And I LOVED the fan you sent Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh My Goodness! I love what you did on the first necklace and how you were inspired from images on Pinterest! Love the nail polish idea - ingenious I say! That wrapped bracelet is fantastic and the ring is to die for! Wonderful use of all those soup goodies you got from Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful work! love all of your pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would never have thought of the pink and orange as looking good together, but it does. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! I was wondering how that brass focal changed into something so colourful. Nail polish. Gotta try that one day. I love the bracelet that wraps a few times the best.

    ReplyDelete
  28. all the designs are wonderful...and I love that ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous! Love, love, love the colors you were working with~my special favorites are the necklace on the pink cording (I would SO wear that), the wraparound bracelet (ditto) and the ring. Such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those pieces are so colorful and fun! I especially am drawn to the wrap bracelet/necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gret! I have no other words for your works...I'm in love with all of your creations ^_^
    Nice blog....now I'm following you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Indian influence was perfect for this soup, I really love that first necklace and it's faux enamel touch. I'm a total sucker for a convertible piece too, very cool. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great designs. I love your style. You also have a cool blog.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Are fantastic pieces !All your pieces are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the pink and orange together! Getting your inspiration from Indian images on Pinterest is a great idea. I also love the faux enamel.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the Indian influence and the pink and orange combination! All of the necklaces are so bright an dcheerful. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your colorful and eclectic style! Your faux enamel technique is brilliant and I love the versatility of the necklace/wrap bracelet piece!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful pieces! Great work on your bead soup!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love that 'faux enamel' effect my daughter has been watching youtube tuts on that. Great job with your soup.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my gosh, I love your designs... Loved the faux enamel with Nail Polish!! Super fun hop! Love!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a fun bowl of soup you've created! Love all the colors and the designs. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your designs, your creativity and colors. I particularly like the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love it ALL ! Every pieces so nice. the colors, the materials.. I especially like the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  44. beautiful! loved the 3 wrap bracelet bc I'm a bracelet fan! ~diana

    ReplyDelete
  45. I absolutely love the necklace/bracelet!!! Your work is very colorful and bright....... nice job with Lori's soup.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Marcia, despite working with components totally different from your usual, you totally rocked this pink, glam assortment! Your wild tangerine take on that brass focal was ON FIRE.. also love that neon chain in necklace #2, such a contrast with the gems. The bracelet and earrings are a great funky/elegant combo. Convertible, too... that's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I like what you did with the indian inspired necklace, it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  48. All of your creations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. quite a nice eclectic collection of jewelry, just lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love what you did with your soup, you really made this your own and it is lovely! I really like the necklace to bracelet design, and how you transformed the brass focal.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful pieces! Love the bracelet best.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Clever work! I especially like the first necklace and the cocktail ring. So fun to see a ring!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Gorgeous use of those colours, and you absolutely did get your stamp on those pieces. Love that bracelace/necklet!! Jeepers, how long did it take you to type out that never ending list of talent??!!!
    xoxoxo :O(

    ReplyDelete
  54. Sorry - pressed the wrong mouth!! Should have been :O)!! ha haaaaaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi Marcia,
    Wow all of your designs are gorgeous. I love them all, but the first necklace is my favorite. I like how you used nail polish to give an enameled look.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow, I am sure that Lori was not disappointed with what you have come up with. I really like how you colored the flower. You have created some amazing pieces.

    Melissa Muir
    http://design.kcjewelbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Both of your necklaces are stunning! I love the faux enameling!

    ReplyDelete
  58. All of your pieces are great, love the ring the best.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Everything is gorgeous! I love the bright colors of the first necklace, and the ring is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wonderful soup, you made lovely vibrant pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Lovely jewelry you created. I admire the way you used the enamel effect and such new techniques like wrapping the bracelet idea. Nice work. Thank you for hopping to my blog and leaving me your kind words. We'll keep in touch. Dita

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow, I really love what you made with the bead soup from Lori! The wrap bracelet is really pretty and the first two necklaces are so stunning too - what a great idea to try the faux enameling on the focal.

    ReplyDelete
  63. You've made some gorgeous pieces, the colour in them is so vibrant and happy! I can see the Indian influence in the first necklace, lovely! Clever idea using nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Sorry I am so late, I have been having computer issues! I just love them all, but I think the bracelet is the best!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I am still hopping! Beautiful work! I really love the colors!The cocktail ring is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  66. What wonderfully diverse uses for your soup. I think I like the cocktail ring best!

    ReplyDelete
  67. I am still hopping!
    I love all your pieces, really!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  68. I'm still hopping also. You did such a great job with your soup. I really love the necklace/bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Your faux enameling completely changed the look of the focal - really interesting! I loved how you took your inspiration and ran with it!

    And your cocktail ring made me smile - very clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  70. Love all of your pieces, especially the cocktail ring!

    ReplyDelete
  71. You did such a great job with the focal! And the ring...I would wear it in a heartbeat, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I adore the Indian-inspired focal! Those colors are my faves. I can't wait to explore your blog a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Thank you for your comment for the BSBP. Please visit me http://savonfeutre.blogspot.fr/2012/09/thanks-for-your-comments.html

    ReplyDelete