Thursday, 7 February 2013

Earring Fest

I've had a bit of a mad creating moment and I've been feverishly churning out earrings. Just sorting through bags and tubs of beads and odds and sods and trying out different ideas. This first pair were a major pain to photograph but I love these little green elephants that I've had for ages and I added some dark green stick pearls and turquoise, plus a smidge of guilder's paste.

Next are some danglers featuring these lovely twisted drops and snake eye drops by the ever inventive Petra: to my eyes they have an Art Nouveau vibe about them.

Next I moved on to an African vibe using Kim's lampwork beads and wooden sauces covered in paste and Petra's drops.
These next ones feature a bit of stringing with Irish linen thread, vintage seed beads and these lovely copper, hand cast components.

More stringing on these and these adorable mother of pearl bird beads.
 

Finally these amazing tribal faces from Petra with vintage brass buttons,  yes you've guessed it guilder's past and leather strips.
 
 
  Cu Soon xx

11 comments:

  1. holy cow you've been busy! I just love the length and swing you've got to this series! and each with it's own personality!! I'm not sure I could pick a favorite as I really like them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous batch! So much colors, they're festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swingy stringy goodness! You know how my beads like to be near Petra's.
    I guess I gotta add guilders paste to my arsenal one of these days.
    Fun and spirited work. I bet they'll be fun to wear too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the explosion of colors, textures and so many varied designs! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gawd, girl! LOVE them all!!! I just lurve the things you do with my beads!!! You make me very happy! Fabulous colours as always - lovely combination of shapes and textures. All just gorgeous!!!!
    xoxoxoxo :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all!! Especially the African ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these, very pretty. I used to wear dangly earrings all the time but now i have to wear studs at work but i like to wear different pretty ones to chear everyone up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you go! Love the neutral stringy ones.

    ReplyDelete