Saturday, 13 April 2013

The 7th BeadSoup Reveal

I'm very excited to be involved in Beadsoup and this is my second year, so hopefully I should know what I'm doing...debatable! Once again a huge thank you to our lovely host Lori Anderson : )
This year my partner is the wonderfully talented Leah Curtis of
http://beadyeyedbunny.blogspot.co.uk
and shop  http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeadyEyedBunny
and here's a reminder of  the amazing booty she sent me
Leah made the white bunny and the red pod, bird and orange and brown beads. She also included the 18th century clay pipes found in the River Thames.
The arrival of her soup coincided with me founding out that my roots go back to 1066 and I started to be inspired by the history of out little island and particularly our sea faring history. I thought about the sailors who had smoked from those pipes and the scrimshaw art they created.
I scratched the swallow, freehand onto the shell with the word love. I created 3 handmade chains and loaded them with the tiger's eye beads from Leah, ceramics from http://www.etsy.com/shop/ScorchedEarthonEtsy,
raw emerald, elephants, milagros and copper etching charms by me.
Next I created a necklace using Leah's bunny, vintage lucite beads,the mother of pearl charms, pyrite flowers and those clay pipes. I thought about the treasures that the sailors would bring back, shells, pearls, talismans and also I wanted to celebrate local talent like Leah. Greybirdstudio and Raggedrobyn.
I then moved onto using the red pod and bird. I created a necklace using turquoise sticks, stone beads, textured copper hoops with gilder's paste and suede from an old belt.

Lastly I finished off with the Leah's lampwork from Tan Grey,  scorchedearth heart's and back across the water to Alaska for these black glass ruffles from http://www.etsy.com/shop/NuminosityBeads
I had some pipes and flowers left, plus some shell, so I did a wee bit more scrimshaw to creat these earrings.
I hope you've enjoyed these sailor's travels and might I suggest you pull up a seat, grab some refreshments, sit the kid's in front of a good dvd and work your way through some well tasty beadsoup. xx


Anu Tuppurainen
April Grinaway
Audrey Bélanger
B.R.Kuhlman
Barbara Bechtel
Barbara Mason
Becky Pancake
Beti Horvath
Billi RS Rothove


Bobbie Rafferty
Brandi Burdick
Candida Castleberry
Carol Dillman
Carolyn Gebert
Carolyn Lawson
Caron Reid
Catherine King
Cathy Jakicic


Chandra Merod
Charlene Jacka
Cheri Reed
Cherrie Fick
Cherrie Warzocha
Cheryl Brown
Cheryl Dunham
Cheryl Foiles
Cheryl Gangle


Chris Eisenberg
Chris White
Christina Miles


Christine Murrow


Cindy Ritchie
Clare Etheridge
Cory Tompkins


Cris Peacock
Cynthia Abner
Debbie Rasmussen
Debi Levine
Deborah Brooks
Deborah Read
Debra Behrends
Dorota Żerańska
Elaine Robitaille


Elsie Deliz-Fonseca
Emma Todd
Erin Guest
Evelyn Shelby
Evie and Beth McCord
Francy Inman
Ginger Bishop
Gloria Allen
Hajer Waheed


Hope Smitherman
Ilenia Ruzza
Ilona Hegedűs
Ine Vande Cappelle
Jackie Ryan
Janine Lucas
Jean Peter
Jean Wells
Jeanne Steck


Jelveh Jaferian Johnson
Jennifer Cabic
Jennifer Reno
Jennifer VanBenschoten
Jenny Davies-Reazor
Jenny Kyrlach
Jenny Robledo
Jessica Brower
Jill MacKay


JJ Jacobs
Jo-Ann Woolverton
Joanne Tinley
Johanna Rhodes Nash
Judy Robinson
Juli Cannon
Julia Gerlach
Julie Bowen
Julie Panusis


K Hutchinson
Karen Martinez
Karen Vincent
Karen Williams
Karin Slaton
Karyn Bonfiglio
Kat Douglas
Kate Dufour
Kate Mulligan


Kate Richbourg
Kathleen Gallant
Kathleen Lange Klik
Katie Nielsen-Nunez
Kay Bolton
Kayla Potega
Kelli Jacobson
Kelly Patterson
Kelly Ramstack


Kiersten Kern
Kim Sparks
Klaudete Koon
Klaudia Tóth
Krista French
Kristin Oppold
Kym Hunter
Lana Kinney
Laura Guenther


Lauren Fenty
Leah Curtis
Lennis Carrier
Linda Murphy
Lisa Johnson
Lori Anderson
Lupe Meter
Lynn Jobber
Mandi Effron


Marcia Dunne
Margareta Saari
                     
Marianne Baxter
Marie Covert
Mary Ellen Parker
Maryse Fritzsch-Thillens
Megan Milliken
Melissa Meman
Melissa Mesara


Michaela Pabeschitz
Michelle Tucker
Mimi Gardner
Mischelle Fanucchi
Monica Phillips
Mowse Doyle
Nancy Boylan
Nancy Dale
Pat Haight


Patina Queen
Patty Miller
Pia Kaven
Rebecca Anderson
Rose Johnson
Roxanne Blanc
Sarah Goode
Sarah Singer
Sarah Strover


Shalini Austin
Sherri Stokey
Sherry Baun
Sheryl Stephens
Silvia Sernicola
Solange Collin
Stacie Florer
Stacy Alderson
Stephanie Haussler


Stephanie LaRosa
Sue Burleigh
Susan Bowie
Susan Kelly
Susan of Libellula Jewelry
Susan Sheehan
Suzanne Fragiacomo
Tammi Sloan
Tammie Everly


Tania Hagen
Tania Spivey
Tanya Goodwin
Tanya Wiles
Tari Kahrs
Terry Carter
Theresa Buchle
Tiffany Smith
Tina Holden


Tracey Nanstad
Tracie Dean
Tracy Bell
Tracy Kruse
 

                  


64 comments:

  1. All so beautiful!
    Love the bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm loving these! Everything is beautiful, Marcia. I love how you carved the shell beads. You've captured the wonderful feel of travel and history beautifully. The bunny necklace and earrings with Tan's beads are my favourites. Thank you for being a wonderful partner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness, they are amazing! Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great soup you had, you made many awesome pieces! I love the bunny-necklace :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the teal piece with the rabbit the best. It not only has an extra hand, (who doesn't need one of those) but half the time I look at the rabbit I see a tooth which I find very amusing. I love your design style by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want the rabbit and I love the hand with the wire wrap. Your pieces are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each piece has its very own WOW! factor. Very very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love all of it! you are so talented and gifted. your pieces are raw and organic with beautiful colors and textures... i wish i could buy every piece you make... i treasure my earrings! i miss corresponding with you, my long distance pal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ~such a creative and beautifully talented mind you have...the first two pieces i just love...much love light and blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  10. almost speechless....
    WOW.............
    what Wonderful designs..I can't stop looking at all the details
    The rebirth of the pendant as "scrimshaw " is AWESOME !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. chunky goodness!!! i love the interesting earrings designs...!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your red pod and bird necklace - creative. Hey, don't forget the facebook people in your hopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just put them on, my apologies I didn't see that list. In fact had a complete nightmare sorting out posting the list....aaaarrrrggg

      Delete
  13. I ADORE THAT NECKLACE!!!!!!! LOVELY WORK, YOU DID YOUR SOUP PROUD. KRISTIN OPPOLD

    ReplyDelete
  14. I already spot your beautiful earrings (the last ones) on pinterest. What an eyechatcher! Love your soup, Marcia!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How great to incorporate your newly found ancestry into your designs. Love your scrimshaw pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so many dangles! I'm in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing!! I love all of it! You are so talented. PS - Leah's birds are getting around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Creative and super fun!!! I love the flow, jingle jangle feel of freedom from the bracelet and necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful Art work,Elegant and chic. I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. great multi-strand bracelet!congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wowowowowow the first two pieces have stolen my heart. I LOVE what you did with the focal ! Is that mother of pearl ?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Marcia, I love your blog graphics by the way! My favourites are the swallow bracelet with the elephant and the necklace with the hand. I love the way you have used the charms through the pieces. They are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow what an interesting soup and what an interesting results, love the bracelet and the way you enhanced the mother pearl shell pendant, love that bracelet, its all good...you are very talented...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the scrimshaw effect you created. Very interesting.
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my, you can see how inspired you were by this soup. The bracelet is a real standout, the shell just perfect, and that last pair of earrings almost have me liking yellow which is saying a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome soup! Your drawing is amazing and the first bracelet is really special :-)
    It's so incredible you were able to track your lineage back to the Norman invasion. Did you find a public record or was this a genealogy of your family name tracked back to its source?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my second cousin's has been working on tracing my dad and my grandmother's line for years, using mainly church records. So she's done incredibly well

      Delete
  27. Each of your creations is such an amazing work of art. I especially like your blue necklace and both pairs of earrings, but the way you etched onto that focal for the bracelet really mesmerizes me. Your eye for detail and absolute talent is astounding.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the black and yellow earrings with the hearts.. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your bracelet made my favs list for the second reveal. Check it out: http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kath, I've visited your lovely blog

      Delete
  30. Gorgeous. My favorite is the red necklace. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  31. They are all gorgeous. I don't know which I really like the best. I do love the bird and the word love on the shell bead. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful! love the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just love the talisman necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  34. all beautiful pieces, the first bracelet is my favourite, but I love your style and designs.
    I'm on the 3rd reveal, I'm partecipating for the 3rd time on BSBP, I love this funny party!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such cool work. I love your creativity . :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great story! It makes your jewelry even more valuable. The bracelet is my favorite. I had to google "scrimshaw art", and was happy to find a new world of decorative art.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really enjoyed the trip. You are so creative and I admire the unique way you see things. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your swallow focal is great. Very creative. The first necklace has wonderful color.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I cannot decide which piece of jewelry that I like the most. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the eclectic pieces you created. The bracelet is wonderful-very fun! I also like the bunny that Leah created for you!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Awesome pieces!!! I like the inspiration from your sea faring ancestors, it must be something to be able to know your roots going back that far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Marcia, you are so creative, your work is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful work, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Loved all that you made very nice

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fantastic designs! All your pieces are really stunning! I am really loving the green and ivory necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I really like the exuberent way you combine colors and shapes and textures -- your pieces are so visually interesting! Your scrimshaw is unique, and a great touch to bring to the challenge. How cool that the beads from the Thames resonated with the family history you've discovered!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Nice pieces! Very creative. My favorite is the earrings with the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I so love all the combinations of colors and textures your pieces have. That etched focal is fantastic. I also love the combination of that bright red and teal. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  49. You did some very creative things with the soup you were sent. I really like the "scrimshaw" on the shell in the first bracelet. All the dangles are pretty fantastic too. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh my god - I loooooooooooove ypur pieces. Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow - what lovely work. The scrimshaw on the shell is jaw-droppingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Such wonderful unique designs! I love your soup and how you've used each of the components! Really different :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Such wonderful unique designs! I love your soup and how you've used each of the components! Really different :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow - I love your designs - all of them, but especially the second necklace and the last pair of earrings! True talent!! Great soups for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great soup and lovely ♥lovely earrings!

    ReplyDelete