Sunday, 3 November 2013

I'm still standing!

I've not been posting as regular as I should, my apologies, but I've been a bit all over the shop. Firstly I've been dealing with a frozen shoulder, this time my left one- about 18 months ago it was my right one! It's painful and I've been x -rayed and I'm very grateful that there is nothing wrong with the bone, so I need to wait for my MRI scan next week to see if there is any other reason for it.
I've now had two cortizone shots and thankfully the second one has worked enough to allow me to drive properly and finally sleep well.
Also the wedding preparations have been piling up, but I've now got Heather's bridal bouquet done and she loves it...I can't show you it! I've done all the table arrangements, bride bouquets, belt trims, shoe bows and button holes for the blokes- phew! And made a batch of vegan cupcakes. Those on my face book will know these have passed the infamous Fern test, "they taste like real cakes." 
If you ever need to make vegan cakes try this excellent book, the processes might sound stange but they really work.

In between I'm pleased to have squeezed in a little bit of earring making, using scorchedearthonetsy and Grubbi details and some vintage patina brass and amazing copper buttons.


I'm just in the process of cutting out my wedding hat and prepping to make Fern's flower girl dress.
TTFN xx

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your frozen shoulder, this so painful, I had my right shoulder frozen 3 years ago, and now I feel the pain on the left..., long process but you will get through soon. Very beautiful earrings. No rest for Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are getting a lot done despite your frozen shoulder. I hope you get relief very soon!
    Your earrings are just fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! sorry to hear about your shoulder - hope you are feeling better soon! for being in pain .... you have managed to create quite a beautiful collection here! I love the soft blues throughout - really, really gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read about your shoulder! I hope the wet and stormy weather won't make things worst!
    Nice new batch of earrings! A pity that you can't show us the amazing work you've done for Heather's wedding, but then, in the end it will be spectacular!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure your shoulder is frozen and not on strike from the enormous amount of work you've accomplished? LOL. Hoping you feel better quickly. Beautiful new earrings. Hoping to get a peek at the goodies you made for the wedding after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! I'm late to reading your blog and am so sorry to hear about your shoulder! But wow - the earrings you've made are stunning. Just gorgeous!! I love the turquoise (that color is on my mind, and looks great with browns), and that first pair with Petra's triangles - just beautiful. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your shoulder! Ow. Would acupuncture help? I hate those big needles of cortisone.

    I can't wait to see all the wedding photos! My eldest step son is getting married in May and its so exciting to get to help.

    And as always, your jewelry really makes me think I need to set you up with my book editor (seriously).

    ReplyDelete